Tandoori Aloo or Potatoes are nothing but potatoes marinated in hung curd and a few spices. Traditionally they are cooked in a large clay pot called Tandoor or oven. It is a wonderful recipe for weekend brunches, gets together and for that matter any occasion.
We can make this Tandoori Aloo in an oven, air fryer or traditional clay oven.
You can get all the spices mentioned in any Indian store or ethnic food store.
Important tips for making perfect crispy Tandoori Aloo.
1-Make marinade with the proper recipe. The use of colour is optional. Since I don't prefer artificial colours I have not used them. That's why my Aloos are not bright orange colour and it's perfectly fine.
2-You can use any kind of potatoes, just wash them with cold water to remove starch. Boil it with skin on and it should be a little firm.
3.-Never mix oil, and salt during marination.
4-Never overcrowd the baking tray /Pan.
- 8 Medium size Potatoes
- 1 Tbsp Oil for air frying
- For Marination
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt/Hung curd/Any vegan yoghurt such as coconut or cashew yoghurt.
- 1.5 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri chili powder(its optional gives a very nice color )
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder(Optional)
- Boil potato ,till they are still firm.
- Cut them into big cubes.
- Take a big bowl and mix everything written under marination with a whisk or fork.
- Keep it in the fridge covered for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove it from the fridge and mix oil and salt .
- Air fry it on 370 f for 15 minutes .
- If your air fryer is small ,do it in two batches.Don't overcrowd it.
- Depending on your airfryer time can vary.
- Alternatively you can bake it in the oven for 400f for 10-15 minutes. Time can vary on your oven size.
- You can do it in the traditional pan as well . It will still taste good.
Leave a Reply