Diwali preparations are in full swing!!!
Festivals are just the perfect time to spend with family and friends. I am sure most of you are preparing lots of sweets for get togethers and parties.
Every year on Diwali when I prepare sweets, snacks, and decorate our home, I always miss my childhood. Growing up, we always had so much fun during the festival. My favorite part was to help in decorating the house. I remember my dad always ordered those big garlands of orange Calendula flowers for decorating the main door, entrance and temple. We used to make so many rangolis and always had some homemade sweets to munch on. A tradition that I always miss here in the US is to make Gharonda. It was a miniature home made of bricks and mud. My sister and I both just loved playing with it.
Every year, I try to recreate the memories for our kids, and sweets play a really important part in that. I always strive to make several snacks and sweets, so I always look for nice and easy ideas.
Today I am going to share a recipe that is a fusion recipe. It is gorgeous in looks, delicious, and fancy- this is sure to wow your guests.
Gujia Ravioli with Kesaria Rabdi.
Gujia Ravioli with Kesaria Rabdi .
- Sugar Syrup
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- Few Saffron threads
- Gujia Ravioli
- 1 Cup All purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Fine /Icing sugar
- Beet root juice for kneading the dough
- Khoya/Mawa stuffing
- ½ Cup Grated khoya/Mawa
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Finely chopped almonds and pistachio
- 1 Litre Whole milk or half and half
- Few Strands of Saffron
- ½ Tsp Saffron
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped almonds
- Sugar Syrup
- Take a sauce pan.
- Add water ,Sugar and Saffron and bring it to a boil.
- Stir till the sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce the flame to low.
- When it looks like a syrupy consistency,switch off the gas.Let it cool .
- Gujia Ravioli Making
- Mix all purpose flour ,ghee ,sugar ,and using your hands mix it properly . work it on for 5-6 minutes and it will be a crumbly dough.
- Add beet root juice slowly to make a tight dough ,it should be too soft in texture,.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Add everything written under stuffing and keep it aside.
- Dust you platform with some all purpose flour .
- Make a big round circle or rectangle by rolling the dough nice and thin.
- With the help of a cookie cutter or any round katori type thing cut 10 round circles.
- Take a circle, fill it with little stuffing ,cover it with another circle . Pinch it from all the sides and make design with the help of a fork.Do it on both the sides ,Otherwise the shape will come .
- Deep fry it on low to medium flame ,till they look crispy.
- Soak them in the sugar syrup.
- Remove them from the syrup else they will break.
- Serve them with Rabdi.
- Garnish with some Almond and Pistachio.
Leave a Reply