Whenever I thought about making this dish, I always thought that without that big beautiful tawa, that effect of street-style cooking won't come 😥
Now, where to get that hawker-style tawa. 🤔And, if we are able to find one, how is it possible to use it on a normal gas stove?
Who doesn't love each and every item cooked on tawa? Whether it's Pav -Bhaji, Tawa Veg or the most humble, yet super tasty-
Finally made it in a big wok and applied all the tricks street hawkers use.
It was tangy, spicy, crunchy, and super delicious.👌😍
Here I present to you, my Street Style Veg Tawa Pulao.
The taste was very similar to mumbai street- style Tawa Pulao.🙂 Quick and simple food.
Mumbai style tawa pulao
- 2 Cups Cooked rice
- 2 Tbs Butter /Oil
- ½ Cup Onion
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Chopped Green Chili
- ⅓ Cup Capsicum Chopped
- ⅓ Cup Tomato Chopped
- ¼ Cup Peas
- ¼ Cup Chopped Carrot
- ¼ Cup Green Beans Chopped
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 3 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro Chopped
- Salt according to the taste.
- Boil Carrot ,Peas and Green Beans in sufficient water.It should be little soft not mushy.
- Take a big wok or Tawa.
- Add oil /Butter.
- Add Onion ,Ginger -Garlic and Green Chili and fry it till they look translucent.
- Add tomato and Capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices and salt to it.Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add few drops of water and mash it like we do while making Pav Bhaji.
- Add boiled vegetables to it.Mix it nicely.
- Add Cooked rice to it and mix nicely.
- Add Lemon Juice and fresh Cilantro to it.
- Mix well without breaking rice.
- Adjust the seasoning after tasting it.
- Serve it hot with raita.