Today’s dish is the easiest and delicious samosa chaat ever, but it has a twist. If you have ever used puff pastry for making the appetizers, you must be aware of how easy it is to assemble and serve a great snack in a short amount of time.
Additionally, the crispy, flaky puff pastry sheets are a breeze to handle, and if you have some boiled potatoes on hand, assembling the samosa chaat is easy.
What Ingredients We Need for Puff Pastry Samosa Chaat-
For the chaat, we will need puff pastry sheets, potatoes, peas, a few Indian spices, some herbs, and some chickpeas, one sweet chutney and one green chutney, and some sev (a fried gram flour snack, sold in stores).
Can I Make this Vegan?
Absolutely. You need to make sure that you buy vegan puff pastry sheets. Furthermore, do not use yoghurt chutney. All of the other ingredients are good to use.
Can We Store the Puff Pastry Samosa Chaat?
Yes! You can bake these puff pastry samosas in advance and just assemble the chaat. When you have company over, you can prepare and serve the dish in a very short amount of time.
Puff Pastry Samosa Chaat
- 1 Sheet Puff Pastry(you can make 9 pastry with that)
- 3 Big Potatoes(Boiled)
- 1/4 Cup Green Pea
- 1+1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder+ Salt
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds+ Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
For making the chaat
- 1 Cup Boiled Chickpeas
- Sev (Store bought) 1 cup
- 1/2 Cup Green Cilantro Mint Chutney
- 1/2 Cup Tamarind dates Chutney
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Radish
- 1/4 Cup Chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Cup Yoghurt,whisked with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Thaw the puff Pastry according to the package instruction .I have kept mine on kitchen counter for 30 minutes.
- You will see that there are 3 sheets, folded in one big sheet.
- Cut each one into 3 equal size squares. Take one square ,roll it from all the sides to make it little big. if it is sticking ,use some flour.
- Make a roux of 1 tbsp all purpose flour and 1.5 tbsp water.
Making of Aloo Masala
- Take a pan .Add oil to .
- Add coriander ,and fennel seeds to it. Saute it .Add ginger garlic paste and saute it till the raw smell is gone.
- Add turmeric powder ,coriander powder ,dry mango powder ,and red chilli powder to it.
- Add Potato and mash it ,Add peas to it. Add salt to it.
- Mix it with all the spices and prepare the potato Masala paste with it.
- Prepare this Masala before handling the puff pastry sheets.
- After they cool down ,they are ready to be stuffed.
How to stuff potato masala in puff pastry.
- Place around 2 tbsp of potato stuffing in the middle of one square .Make a border by folding little bit of puff pastry from all sides. You can use roux .It will look like a open face boat.
- Preheat the oven on 400 F .Bake all the puff pastry on 400 f for 8-10 minute or till they look ,crispy and light brown.
- Your time can vary depending on your oven .
How to assemble Samosa Chaat?
- Take one puff pastry in a plate.
- Arrange some boiled chick peas ,sev ,onion and radish on it .Drizzle some chutney and cilantro leaves.
- Sprinkle some chat masala ,red chilli powder,on it .
- Drizzle some yoghurt sauce.(optional)
- Your puff pastry Samosa Chaat is ready to serve.