Lauki with Flax seeds
A wonderful healthy recipe of Indian bottle gourd and flax seeds.
- 1/2 Lauki /Indian bottle gourd(finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Flax seeds(dark or light)
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 Tsp Oil of you choice
- Salt according to the taste
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- Peel Bottle Gourd or Lauki .Chop it very fine .
- Take a pan .
- Add oil to it .When its hot enough ,add fenugreek seeds and green chili.
- Add Lauki /bottle gourd and do not let the fenugreek burn while crackling.
- Add Salt and turmeric at this time .
- Stir it nicely and cover with a lid.
- Cook it on the medium/Low flame for 7-8 minute.Stir it few times in between.
- Remover the lid once it cooked and water is dried up .Keep it on low flame.
- Meanwhile take a small pan and heat it .
- Once its hot enough add flax seed to it for dry roasting. Roast it till the aroma is released .It will take 2-3 minute depending on your pan's size.
- Now grind this in a grinder or mortar pestle . Its not needed to be super fine ,but if you prefer that way ,you can certainly do it.
- Mix this flax seed powder with cooked Lauki.
- Pour lemon juice over it and mix well.
- Your Flax seed Bottle Gourd /Lauki is ready to eat. Enjoy this healthy side with Rice ,dal .roti or paratha.