Dhaba Style Mushroom Paneer Masala
A delicious and spicy preparation of Paneer and Mushroom.
- 8 Oz Button Mushroom
- 2 Cups Grated Paneer
- 2 Medium Onion (chopped finely)
- 2 Big Ripe Tomatoes (chopped Finely)
- 1.5 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 4 Tbsp Oil of your choice(you can reduce the quantity ,since its Dhaba food ,I had to do that )
- 1/4 Cups Kasoori Methi(roasted on slow flame )
- 1.5 Tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp Kashmiri red Chilli Powder(you can reduce the quantity)
- 1/2 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp Anardana /Amchoor powder
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- Salt according to the taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- Wipe Mushroom with wet paper towel .
- Cut them into two halves or four pieces.(Your choice)
- Take a wok/Pan .Add 1 tbsp of oil and heat it.
- Once its hot, fry mushroom in it .Its important that there is no water content in mushroom. Fry till they look golden brown .Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Take the same pan and add rest of the oil to it .
- Once its hot ,add garlic and onion to it.Saute it on medium flame for 3-4 minute ,till it looks translucent in colour.
- Add ginger -garlic paste to it and saute on medium flame till the raw smell is gone .Keep the flame on low/medium .It will take around 1-2 minute.
- Now add turmeric powder, coriander powder,Kashmiri red chilli powder,Anardana powder to it .Stir it nicely and let it fry on low flame . You have to fry onion and spices together for 1 minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes ,and salt to the spice mix.
- Cook on low/ medium flame for 4-5 minute till this masala mix looks done and everything is mixed up .After 4-5 minutes you will see that oil starts floating on the surface.
- Add grated paneer ,and pan fried Mushroom to the masala,
- Mix it nicely and stir it for 2-3 minute.
- Now add Kasoori methi (Crush it between your palm)
- Mix it well. Add 1/4 cup of water to .The curry will be little thick not runny.
- Cook it till it reaches consistency of your liking.
- Add Cream to it .
How to do tempering
- Take a tadka pan.
- Add ghee to it .
- Once ghee is hot add dry red chilli ,cumin seeds,chopped garlic to it . Once they look light brown add red chilli powder to it.
- Pour it immediately over your Curry otherwise chilli powder will burn .
- Your dhaba style mushroom ,paneer masala is ready to serve,.
- Enjoy with naan or roti.