Taquitos/Flautas are veg/meat stuffed tortillas rolled into a cigar and baked until they are crisp. They are served with avocado sauce or sour cream. Usually, they are chicken or meat-filled, but here I am sharing an Indian vegetable twist combined with Mexican flavors.
Veg Taquitos with an Indian Twist
Tortillas are filled with lots of vegetables and sauce and baked until they are crisp.
- 6 Big Wheat Tortilla /Home Made Roti
- 15 Oz Can Black Beans
- 16 Oz Corn(I have taken two cans of 8 oz.)
- ⅓ Cup Tomatoes ,deseeded and chopped
- ¼ Cup Peppers chopped
- ¼ Cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- ¼ Cup Tomato Ketchup( If you want you can use salsa instead of Ketchup)
- Pinch of salt (add in the last after tasting it )
- ½ Cup Grated Paneer ,(you can use home made crumbled paneer as well)
- 2 Tbsp Grated Cheese(optional)
- 2+1 Tbsp Olive oil/Canola oil for brushing the tortilla .
- ¼ Cup Chopped Onion.
- 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic.
- Pre -heat the oven to 425 F.
- Take a pan . Add 1 tbsp oil to it . Let it heat .
- Add Onion and Garlic to it .Sute it for 1 minute till it looks translucent .
- Add Corn ,black beans,peppers to it . Saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes to it .
- Add taco seasoning and mix it well.(stir it )
- Now add grated paneer to it .Stir it .
- Add tomato ketchup ,salt ,lemon juice and fresh cilantro to it .
- Mix it .
- Your filling is ready .
- Assembling of Tortilla
- Take one tortilla .
- Brush one side with little oil.
- Now turn it over and place sufficient filling in the tortilla .
- Roll it in the shape of a cigar .Roll it tight otherwise it won't look good and filling will come out.
- Roll all the taquitos like this and place in a baking tray seam side down.
- If you are using cheese just place them a little on both the ends of the taquitos ,these will give a more cheesy look,without even using tons of it .
- Bake them in the oven .
- After 7-8 minutes you will that they will start browing from sides then flip them over . You will that they are looking baked/brown .
- Baked them for another 1-2 minute till another side is little crispy brown.
- Remove them from oven .
- Serve them with dip of your choice or fruit salsa.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply