I am sure most of you have eaten Bhakri and Thecha, but have you ever tried Bhakri Pizza with Thecha Sauce? If not, you are missing out something which is deliciously mind blowing.
What is Bhakri Flour?
It is a specially milled wheat flour that is slightly more coarse than regular wheat flour.
What is Thecha?
It is a spicy, fresh, and green coarse chutney from the state of Maharashtra. It is made with fresh green chillies, cilantro, garlic cloves, peanuts, and coconut. It is normally served with Jowar or Bajra Bhakri.
How to Make Bhakri from Bhakri Flour-
We make the dough by mixing Bhakri Flour, salt, red chilli powder, a little ghee/oil, and warm water. Make a soft but tight dough out of it. Keep it aside on your kitchen counter for quite some time. Make small, slightly thick rotis on the tawa with the help of a cloth. It is rustic and crispy.
How to Make Thecha-
Thecha means crush or pound in Marathi, so we will crush and pound all the ingredients in a coarse chutney form- it tastes delicious.
Bhakri Pizza with Thecha Sauce
- 1 Big Jalapeno peppers
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Tbsp Fresh coconut
- ¼ Cup Fresh green cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Canola oil/olive oil
- Salt according to the taste.
how to make Bhakri
- 2 Cups Bhakri Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Ghee
- Warm water for kneading the dough.
- Grind everything together in a blender . It should be coarse. Or .=You can do it in the mortar pestle just like me .
- Taste it and adjust the seasoning if you want .Keep it aside.m size.
- Heat a pan /Tawa.
- Make a small medium size bhakri.
- Place it on the griddle and cook it on both the sides on medium flame till it looks crisp.
- Assembling of Pizza,
- Take a bhakri .
- Spread 1 tbsp of thecha over it .
- Assemble all the vegetables and cheese of your choice.I have used Mushroom,peppers ,onion .
- Top it with the cheese and sprinkle some olive oil on it .
- Broil it on 550 f for 7-8 minutes or till they look crispy and cheese is melted.
- Serve hot with some thecha on top .