Small Rasgullas soaked in creamy saffron soaked milk.
- Making of Small Rasgulla
- 1 Ltre Whole milk.
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice/Vinegar.
- 1 Tsp Corn flour
Saffron Rabdi Milk
- 1 Litre Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream(if you don't want to use heavy cream ,that's perfectly fine,just increase the whole milk,one more cup.)
- 20 Strands Saffron soaked in 2 tbsp of warm milk for 20 minutes.
- 1 /2 Cup Sugar(Increase or decrease the quantity according to your taste)You can use stevia if you do not want to use sugar.
- ½ Cup Chopped Pistachio for the garnish.
- Making of Chena
- Boil milk in a big vessel.
- When milk is boiled,keep the flame on low and pour lime /lemon juice or vinegar mixed with ½ cup of water to it .
- Stir it with a wooden spatula ,till it stats separating /curdling . Whey will appear .
- Use a cheese cloth/muslin cloth to strain the chena from whey .
- Pour some cold water on it to remove the sourness from lime .
- Tie the cheese cloth properly squeeze it to remove excess water.
- Hang the cheese cloth for around 20-25 minutes.Don't let it dry .
- Making of Chena Balls
- Take the chena ,keep it on a wooden board/counter /steel thali.
- Knead it using your palm and fingers . You need to do this for 7-8 minutes.
- It will feel like a soft smooth dough at that time .
- Add corn flour at this stage and again knead it for 2-3 minute.(if you dont want to use corn flour thats absolutely fine . Even I dont use but for people who have not much experience making it its absolutely must.
- Make small balls of the same size . Try to make every ball smooth in texture. You can easily make 20-24 small balls with this much of milk.
- Making of Rasgulla balls.
- Take a instant pot /Pressure cooker.
- Add 5 cups of water to it .
- Add rasgulla balls to it . Make sure your you have some space between rasgullas otherwise they will stick to each other.If your cooker /Instant pot is small do it twice.
- In instant pot on high pressure cook for 8 minutes. Let it cool down naturally .
- Remove it in a bowl after it releases the pressure naturally .
- Making of Rabdi milk.
- Mix milk and heavy cream together and boil it on medium /slow flame for at least 30 minutes.
- When its reduced according to your liking add saffron milk to it . It will take around 20-30 minute.
- Add sugar and mix it properly.
- Add rasgulla to it and let it boil on medium/slow flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Switch of the flame . Let it cool down a little bit and keep in the fridge .
- Garnish with pistachio and serve chilled.