Small Rasgullas soaked in creamy saffron soaked milk.
- Making of Small Rasgulla
- 1 Ltre Whole milk.
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice/Vinegar.
- 1 Tsp Corn flour
Saffron Rabdi Milk
- 1 Litre Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream(if you don't want to use heavy cream ,that's perfectly fine,just increase the whole milk,one more cup.)
- 20 Strands Saffron soaked in 2 tbsp of warm milk for 20 minutes.
- 1 /2 Cup Sugar(Increase or decrease the quantity according to your taste)You can use stevia if you do not want to use sugar.
- ½ Cup Chopped Pistachio for the garnish.
- Making of Chena
- Boil milk in a big vessel.
- When milk is boiled,keep the flame on low and pour lime /lemon juice or vinegar mixed with ½ cup of water to it .
- Stir it with a wooden spatula ,till it stats separating /curdling . Whey will appear .
- Use a cheese cloth/muslin cloth to strain the chena from whey .
- Pour some cold water on it to remove the sourness from lime .
- Tie the cheese cloth properly squeeze it to remove excess water.
- Hang the cheese cloth for around 20-25 minutes.Don't let it dry .
- Making of Chena Balls
- Take the chena ,keep it on a wooden board/counter /steel thali.
- Knead it using your palm and fingers . You need to do this for 7-8 minutes.
- It will feel like a soft smooth dough at that time .
- Add corn flour at this stage and again knead it for 2-3 minute.(if you dont want to use corn flour thats absolutely fine . Even I dont use but for people who have not much experience making it its absolutely must.
- Make small balls of the same size . Try to make every ball smooth in texture. You can easily make 20-24 small balls with this much of milk.
- Making of Rasgulla balls.
- Take a instant pot /Pressure cooker.
- Add 5 cups of water to it .
- Add rasgulla balls to it . Make sure your you have some space between rasgullas otherwise they will stick to each other.If your cooker /Instant pot is small do it twice.
- In instant pot on high pressure cook for 8 minutes. Let it cool down naturally .
- Remove it in a bowl after it releases the pressure naturally .
- Making of Rabdi milk.
- Mix milk and heavy cream together and boil it on medium /slow flame for at least 30 minutes.
- When its reduced according to your liking add saffron milk to it . It will take around 20-30 minute.
- Add sugar and mix it properly.
- Add rasgulla to it and let it boil on medium/slow flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Switch of the flame . Let it cool down a little bit and keep in the fridge .
- Garnish with pistachio and serve chilled.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry its little bit dumb question ☺️... once the rasgullas are done in the pressure cooker.. are we squeezing them the water?
Yes .We need to squeeze all the water so that rasgulla balls can absorb all the rabdi milk mixture.
No question is dumb,and I am more then happy to answer anything .
Thank You so much .
Sorry for late reply.