Sharing is caring!!!
Paneer pasanda is a rich and super luxurious Indian curry. Paneer triangles are stuffed with a rich mixture of khoa, paneer, dry fruits, and shallow fried. These shallow-fried paneer sandwiches are coated with the most delicious and silky gravy. This recipe is divine and suitable for any special occasion to wow your guests.
You May want to check the Indian Classic Recipes,
For Making Paneer Traingles
- 10 Big /Medium Big Triangles of Paneer
- ½ Cup Grated Paneer
- ½ Cup Grated Khoya
- ¼ Cup Cashew & Resin
- 1 Big Green Chili ,Chopped.
- ½ Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ½ Cup Corn Flour
- ¼ Cup Water(add 1 tsp if needed more)
- Oil for shallow /deep frying.
For Making Creamy Curry
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Medium Tomato Chopped
- Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Small Bay Leaves
- ½ Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ¼ Cup Cashew Nuts Paste(soak ¼ cups of cashew in hot water for 30 minutes or more and make a fine paste.
- 3 Tbsp Ghee/oil for cooking.
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Sugar /Brown sugar/Honey
- 1 Tsp Crushed Kasoori Methi/dried fenugreek leaves crushed
- Salt to taste
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream/Fresh cream.
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped Cilantro.
- 2 Cups Water
How to stuff paneer triangles
- Mix everything with hands to make a smooth mixture.( other then corn starch ,water and oil)
- Take two triangles .Place the mixture on top of one and cover it with the other triangle just like the sandwich.
- Heat oil in a pan .
- Mix corn starch with water to make a lump- free batter.
- Dip stuffed paneer triagles into the batter carefully.Use a spoon to pour some on the top.Remove the excess batter by shaking just a little.
- Shallow fry them carefully. Oil can splutter.
- I prefer not to fry deep . In my opinion shallow frying keeps paneer soft .
- Turn them over very carefully.
- Do it in a wide pan.
- Be careful while frying .Oil will splutter.
How to cook curry?
- Take a pan.Add one tbsp oil.
- Saute onion and tomato till they look almost cooked.
- Remove from the stove and make a smooth puree/paste of it.
- Take a clean pan again or you can use the same pan.
- Add oil to it .Heat and add cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomato onion paste,coriander powder,turmeric powder, salt and red chili powder.
- Saute on low to medium flame for two to three minutes. Add cashew paste and garam masala powder to the pan.
- Saute for one minute and add two cups of water to it.Mix everything and let it cook on slow flame till the oil floates or the curry is cooked.
- Taste the curry if needed to add salt add now.
- Place curry in the serving bowl and arrange the paneer triangles on top of it.
- Garnish with cilantro(optional)and serve.