Stuffed Tomato in Makhmali Gravy. Rich, creamy stuffed tomatoes are served with a luscious silky smooth gravy. The star of this dish is undoubtedly tomatoes and this dish is a perfect dish to serve on any special occasion.
A few dishes are special. They are classy, rich, and gorgeous. Once kept on your dining table, these dishes shine and people are just mesmerised by their spell of charm.
Enjoying the making of a certain dish is as equally important as enjoying eating it. There are certain favourites of mine that I love cooking, and this is definitely one of those dishes. This Stuffed Tomato in Makhmali Gravy is one of the most delectable and rich meals I make and it only takes around 30 minutes.
What is Makhmali Gravy?
Makhmali means silky in Hindi. Mostly while describing the texture of the curries or gravies we talk about their consistency and texture. It's really important to have a lovely texture of any curry. Silky smooth and without any lumps should be the ideal texture of a curry.
How To Make Stuffed tomato?
Make a smooth filling of grated paneer/tofu, potatoes and all the other dry fruits and spices. Knead it nicely to incorporate all the flavours. Stuff it inside the tomatoes. Top it off with some shredded cheese of your liking. Bake it off at 350 f till it looks golden brown.
Serving Suggestion for stuffed Tomato?
You can serve with any bread or grain of your liking. I love to eat this with Saffron Rice, and Carrot & Peas Pulao along with some Bengali Cholar/Chana Dal/Split Chickpea Lentil, and Avocado Spinach Roti. This tastes great with all the salads and just like that.
Can we make it in advance ?
Absolutely .You can cook both the components seperately and just before serving just assemble it after heating .This is an amazing party or crowd pleasing dish .You can enjoy it without any problems.
Stuffed Tomato in Makhmali Gravy
For Stuffed Tomto1
- 4 Firm Rip Tomato (I prefer vine ripe)
- 1 Cup Paneer/Tofu(Grated)
- ½ Cup Potato,boiled and grated ot mashed.
- ½ Cup Mozarella cheese /Any Vegan cheese of your choice.
- 10-12 Raisin
- ½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
- 1 Green Chili Chopped
- 1 Tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt according to the taste
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
For Makhmali Gravy /Curry
- 2 Tbsp Ghee/Avocado oil
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Black Cardamom
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Large Onion ,chopped Finely
- 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri red chili powder(optional)
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam masala powder
- 8 Oz Tomato puree if using home made ,its 1.5 cups
- ½ Cup Heavy cream/Thick coconut cream
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Salt,according to the taste
- Pinch of kasoori methi
How to make stuffed tomato
- Remove the top of the tomato and scoop the seeds and everything from inside .Make it hollow .Do it very carefully.
- Mix everything properly Keep it on the counter for 5 minutes .
- Pre heat the oven on 350 fAlternatively you can pre heat the air fryer to 370 f..
- Fill everything inside the tomatoes .
- Sprinkle some cheese on top.
- Brush little oil on the tomatoes.
- Bake /Air fry them for 15 minutes.
- Your baking time can vary depending on your oven and tomato size.Air frying will take less time .
- Remove them in a plater after they are ice and golden.
How to make Gravy/Curry
- Heat oil in a pan .
- When its hot add all the whole spices.
- Add onion and saute on medium flame for 3-4 minutes till they look translucent .
- Add ginger galic paste to it.Saute till raw smell is gone.
- Add all the dry spices to it Stir for 30 seconds and add tomato puree to it ..
- Add salt at this moment .Keep it mild .
- Saute the spice mix for 4-5 minute on low flame .If you think its stccking to the bottom add one tbsp of water .
- After it releases oil add cream ,kasoori methi and around ½ cup of water .
- Let it cook on slow flame for 1 more minute.Taste the seasoning .
- Remove from the stove and serve it in platter .
- Enjoy makhmali gravy topped with stuffed tomato.