If you are craving for some crispy, saucy, fiery and spicy food try this indo chinese version of Soya Chunks.
They are delicious to eat alone or paired with some rice or Noodles. Easy to prepare this flavourful dish a wonderful appetizer, main course or both.
Soya Chunks Chilli
- Preparation of soya chunks(Batter)
- 2.5 Cups Soya chunks(Boiled and squeezed)
- 3 Tbsp All purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic paste
- ½ Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Soy Sauce
- Salt -We will not use any salt in the batter . Use 1 tsp of salt while boiling the soya chunks . That will make amazing difference in the taste.
- Sufficient oil for deep frying.
- Ingredients for Chilli Garlic Sauce.
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Chopped fresh Chilli
- 1 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic Paste
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Red Chilli Sauce/Schezwan Sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp Corn starch /Corn Flour
- 1.5 Tbsp Canola oil
- Squeeze the boiled Soya Chunks properly .
- Mix everything written under the batter properly and combine well with soya chunks.
- Heat the oil for frying .
- Fry the soya chunks in little batches.
- They should take at least 3-4 minute for a small batch . Do it on the slow/medium flame ,till they are pink and crispy.
- Fry al the soya chunks and keep it in a plate lined with paper towel.
- Making of Sauce
- Take a pan /wok.
- Add oil.Heat it .
- Add ginger Garlic paste . Fry it till the raw smell is gone.It will take 1-2 minute.
- Add Chopped Ginger Garlic and chillies to it.
- Other then cornflour mix all the sauces together and add to the wok.
- Fry everything for one minute.
- Add fried soya chunks to it .
- Mix corn flour with ½ cup of water and mix with all the ingredients.
- Cook it for 1-2 minute and switch off the flame .Add green onion if you want for garnishing.
- If you want more gravy add one cup of water to it and cook for another 1 minute.
- You can eat this in dry form as well.
- Your Soy Chilli is ready to serve.Serve this with rice or Noodles.