Inspired by my favourite chef Jamie Oliver, I made this stuffed Aubergine/Eggplant. It has a very unique flavour and a vilayati twist with peanut butter.
When we think about stuffed eggplant we always think about baby Aubergines, but I stuffed the big one with a wonderful spice mix. I made a lovely aromatic gravy to go with it.
Fit for a centerpiece at a dinner table, this is a lovely, gorgeous dish.
Stuffed Eggplant In Coconut milk sauce
- 1 or 4 Big /Small Eggplant /Aubergine(look for a sleek japanese eggplant)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds+ black mustard seeds
- 2+2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 8-10 Leaves Curry Leaves
- 2 Tsp Peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp Grated green mango
- 1 Tsp Tamarind paste
- 2 Cup Thick Coconut milk
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri chilli powder
- Salt according to the taste.
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro leaves.
- Wash and clean the eggplant.Slice it like this.
- Take a pan. Add 2 tbsp of oil.
- Add chopped onion to it . Fry it for 2 -3 minutes.
- Add crushed garlic and grated ginger to it .
- Let it sweat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder ,Kashmiri chilli powder to it.
- Add grated mango and peanut butter to it .Mix it well and saute it for 4-5 minutes.
- Now add tamarind paste to it and fry it for one minute.
- Add salt according to the taste.Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
- Stuff the eggplant with this spice mix .
- Keep rest of the spices in a bowl,we will use it later.
- Take a pan .Add 2 tbsp of Oil to it.
- Add Eggplant to it . Cook it on medium flame for 3 -3 minutes on both the sides. cover the lid for 5-6 minute till it looks almost done .
- Remove it in a plate and keep it on the kitchen counter.
- Add all the spice mix to the pan and mix coconut milk to it . Mix it nicely and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add stuffed cooked eggplant to it and cover it with a lid.Keep the flame low .
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it with white rice ,Roti or salad.