Stuffed baked eggplant with couscous and lots of herbs and spices.Easy to prepare and finger-licking delicious.Perfect appetizer or side for any meal.Kid-approved.
Either you love eggplant or you hate eggplant.
There is not anything in between. I consider myself a huge eggplant/baingan lover.😋😋😎
Many people, including my kids, don't appreciate eggplant. I have heard a friend of my husband's saying that he doesn't even walk in the same lane eggplant's fields are.
Maybe that's a funny overstatement.😀😀
So, today I am sharing a recipe that is delicious.😎😎
It's a couscous stuffed eggplant half with lots of herbs and spices infused into it. Topped with grated tofu/ paneer(if you are not vegan) and little vegan cheese of your choice, I have baked this in the oven on 400f.
Later, for a beautiful crust, keep it in the broiler or in the air fryer for a few minutes.
Here I would love to mention that it was so delicious with all the textures and spiciness that everyone at home, including my kids, loved it.❤💕
So if you want a change in your routine eggplant recipes, try this stuffed baked eggplant recipe for sure.
You May Want to check these eggplant recipes,
You can have some variations with this stuffed baked eggplant ,
Try stuffing them with potato or samosa masala . You will love them.
Instead of couscous, you can use quinoa.
For non-veg alternative stuff cooked minced chicken to it.
You can serve them with some dip or sauce of your choice . Drizzle some on the top, it will taste amazing.
Stuff them with cooked herb rice . You won't regret doing that.
Possibilities are endless.
Stuffed Baked Eggplant
- 2 Medium Eggplant,cut into half,lengthwise,fresh without seeds.
- 1 Medium Chopped Onion(chop it fine)
- 4 Cloves MInced Garlic
- 1 Cup Cooked Couscous
- ½ Cup Grated Tofu/Paneer /Potato
- ½ Cup Any vegan cheese /Grated cheese of your choice
- ⅓ Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ Tsp Kashmiri red chili powder/Paprika(you can increase or decrease the quantity )
- ¼ Tsp Crushed Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped mint
- 1 Tbsp Fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Pre heat oven to 400 F.
- Slice eggplant into half.
- Drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Place them in a prepared baking tray ,flesh side up and roast untill they are tender.
- While your eggplant is roasting,prepare your stuffing.
- Place a pan on the stove and heat it.
- Add one tbsp of oil .
- When oil is hot ,add onion and garlic to it .
- Saute till they look translucent .
- Add all the other spices and stir it once .
- Add couscous to the pan .Mix everything together.
- Scoop out most of the flesh of roasted eggplants and make cavities in them.
- Do it carefully so your eggplant shell should be intact .
- Mix ½ cup of this to couscous mixture and saute it once more.
- Remove it in a big bowl .
- Add lemon juice ,fresh chopped mint ,cilantro,and halved cherry tomatoes.
How to stuff the eggplant for baking
- Take one eggplant half and stuff with the mixture.
- Sprinkle some tofu and grated cheese on it .
- Drizzle some olive oil on it .
- Keep it in the broiler till the top looks golden and crusty as per your liking.
- It wont take more than 3-4 minute.
- Serve along some soup or salad .