Now you can make Restaurant style Kulcha at home without yeast or oven . Its easy, fun and fool proof . There are so many possibilities with the stuffing or you can eat it plain. This Kulcha will wow you and your family with its amazing taste and flavour.
Whole Wheat Gobhi Kulcha
Easy and Instant Kulcha made of whole wheat flour and Gobhi /spicy Cauliflower stuffing
- 4 Cups Whole Wheat flour
- 4 Tbsp Yogurt
- 1 Cup Milk or just enough to knead the flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- 1 Tsp Oil
- 1 Tbsp Onion seeds
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- Water if required
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Cilantro leaves
- Ghee/Butter for brushing the kucha
- For Spicy Cauliflower /Gobhi stuffing.
- 3 Cups Grated Cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Chopped onion
- 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
- 1 Small green chili Chopped Nicely
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- ½ Tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Asafoetida.
- Chopped green cilantro
- Salt according to the taste.
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Take a Pan.
- Add oil to it.
- Add Cumin seeds and Asafoetida to it .
- Add cauliflower and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric,green chili ,Red chili powder ,Garam masala powder ,and salt to it .
- Fry it till all the water from the cauliflower evaporates.
- Add lemon juice and fresh cilantro to it .
- Mix it nicely and keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes or more . It will help in rolling of Kulcha.
- Making of Dough
- Add all the dry ingredients together and mix them really well.
- Add Yogurt and mix it properly into the dry flour.
- Add oil to it and mix it nicely.
- Now with the help of milk make a soft and supple dough . If needed water take few spoons .
- Dough shouldn't be too firm or too runny .
- Cover it with a lid and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Making of Gobhi Kulcha
- Knead the dough once again to make it soft and pliable.
- Remove the stuffing from the fridge.
- Split the dough and make equal size balls.
- Take one ball in your palm and make a small dent in that .
- Take stuffing from the spoon and stuff it . Close it .
- Dust some of the dry flour and make ball little flat by using your fingers.
- Roll it nicely and even from all sides.
- Take a griddle /Tawa.
- Heat it .
- Sprinkle little water on the rolled kulcha and place the kulcha by that side down on the griddle .
- Sprinkle some cilantro leaves and onion seeds on the other side.
- Make sure they sticking to it .
- Cook on medium flame for 3-4 minute and then take the griddle and place it upside down on the gas flame .You need to move it around two three times to cook it from all sides.
- It should be done on the medium flame .
- Now place the Tawa correctly on the stove and remove the kulcha with help of a spatula.
- Brush butter /Ghee and serve with Raita or Achar.
- Your home made Gobhi Kulcha is ready to eat .
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply