After long wait and several failed attempts, I finally laid my hands on a prized possession❤😀
Bathua Saag!!! 😍😍
I was literally thrilled.😀
People staying abroad can totally identify with me. (I am craving fresh, red carrots badly)😋
Simple ingredients are sometimes difficult to get and even if you do get them, the taste is missing. 🤔😳
So I thought about making Bathua raita and paired that with Tawa wala whole wheat gobhi kulcha (without yeast), and Chole.
Bathue Ka Raita
- 1 Medium Bunch Bathua leaves(Goose foot Green)(around 2 cups)
- 1.5 Cup Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Black salt
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 small Green Chili
- ½ Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp Oil(canola /mustard)
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro leaves(ForGarnish)
- Wash leaves properly.
- Boil leaves in hot water.
- Strain the leaves .
- Make a puree with bathua leaves and green chilli.
- Whisk the yogurt till smooth.
- Add Bathua puree,salt ,cumin powder,red chilli powder
- Take a small pan .
- Heat oil in it.
- Add cumin seeds and Asafoetida to it .
- Add tadka to raita .Garnish with green cilantro leaves.
- Taste the seasoning and serve it with Puri ,Paratha or rice.