Saffron almond milk/Kesar badam doodh
Traditional Indian milk recipe loaded with the richness of almond and saffron.
- 1 litre Whole milk
- 20 Threads Saffron ,soaked in 4 tbsp of warm milk. (it makes huge difference)
- 4 Tbsp Sugar(increase or decrease the quantity depending on your taste.
- Pinch of Cardamom powder
- 20-22 Almond
- Soak almonds in hot water for 20 minutes or overnight in cold water.
- Peel the skin of the almonds and blend them with ⅓ cups milk . It should feel like a smooth paste.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat milk.
- When milk starts boiling add almond paste and saffron.
- Let it simmer on low flame .
- Stir it during the process so that it doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Let it cook for another 20 -25 minute then add sugar and cardamom powder.
- Cook for another 5-7 minute .
- Almond milk /Badam doodh is ready.
- Serve it hot or cold.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!