Make this restaurant style Paneer tikka at home with my easy step by step recipe.
Paneer Tikka is the one of the most loved dishes of Indian cuisine. It is the most famous one too. Cubes of Paneer, peppers, and onion are marinated in a yogurt and spice mix and then char grilled to perfection. We can say that it is an alternative for chicken tikka masala. Though traditionally it's done in the Tandoor, at home, we will make this in the oven. I can assure you that there will be no compromise on taste and after finishing up in the broiler, we can get that famous charr grilled effect too.
Personally I don't prefer any thing with artificial color, and restaurant ones normally have that bright orange type of colour. At home, I use kashmiri chili powder and most of the time, a nice color comes with that.
I will prefer a not so bright tikka rather than stuffing myself with some unknown colors any day.
The recipe that I am going to share is easy and gives the same result as a restaurant.
Here is the step by step process.
Restaurant Style Paneer Tikka
- 2 Cups Paneer cubed
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt/Hung curd
- 1 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Chat Masala
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ Tsp Salt (increase or decrease the quantity according to your taste)
- 1 Cup Onion cut into big cubes
- 1.5 Cups Mixed coloured bell peppers.(I have taken red ,green and yellow)cut into big cubes.
- 2 Tbsp Canola oil
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- Take a big glass bowl (try to use glass bowl for marination purpose)
- Whisk yogurt until its smooth .
- Add Coriander powder,Red chili powder ,ginger garlic paste ,chat masala,garam masala and kasoori methi .Mix it really well in the yogurt.
- Don't use salt and oil at this time because salt will release water and oil makes coating on the vegetable and because of that marination doesnt go inside.
- Now add cubed Paneer ,onion and vegetable pieces to it . Mix it nicely.Cover it .
- Keep it in the refrigerator for marinating,at least for 1 hour.
- After 1 or 2 hour take it out and mix oil and salt . leave it on the counter for 15 minutes and mean while preheat the oven to 425 f.
- Take large metal skewers and arrange cubes of paneer and veggies.If using bamboo skewers soak them into the cold water for few hours.
- Try to make all the skewers similar in look.
- Before putting the tray in the oven check that you have lined the tray with parchment paper so that it wont stick to the pan.
- Bake at 425 f for 8-10 minutes . (if you bake for moe time it will be chewy.
- Then turn on the broiler and broil it for 4-5 minutes or till get charr marks , (remember to keep eye during this process and remove it before it turns too much charred.
- Remove from oven ,place it into your serving tray . Squeeze ½ of the lemon juice and serve with mint chutney and onion slices.