Gajar ka Halwa/Carrot Pudding
Its a delicious and rich carrot pudding ,which is made of grated carrot ,milk ,ghee ,sugar and khoya/mawa. rich and delicious this dessert is suitable for every occasion and celebration.
- 5 Cups Grated Carrot
- 1 Cup Whole milk /half and half
- 1 Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Ghee
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Nuts for garnishing.
- ½ Cup Grated khoya /Mawa.
- Add carrot and milk together,in the pot .
- Close the lid and pressure cook this for 3 minutes.
- Open the valve manually and release the pressure.
- Press the saute button on and add sugar and Mawa to it .
- Stir it for 8-10 minutes till all the liquid evaporates.
- Add Ghee ,cardamom powder and mix it nicely .
- Ghee will separate in 2-3 minutes and halwa will look shiny .
- Garnish with chopped nuts.
- Serve warm .
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!