Hum to hain Pardes mein,
Des mein nikla hoga chand.
Hey, it's not like that moon has stopped shining here, it's just that I miss apna desh and extended family during festival times.
Diwali is almost at the door step and my hands are full. Cleaning and making sweets is tiring for me, but not for my soul. There is no dearth of parties, get togethers, and functions, but nothing screams Diwali. I guess the touch of home land makes any festival more beautiful.
Every year I try to make a few home made sweets and I always try to make the easy ones. So today, I am going to share a recipe that is quite easy, uses only 5 ingredients, and takes under 30 minutes.
Easy Almond Burfi
- I Cup Almond Flour (Store bought)
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ¼ Cup Water
- 1+1 Tsp Ghee
- 1 Tsp Rose water
- Silver vark (Optional)
- Take a pan add sugar ,water and rose water.Stir it and let it boil.
- Add the almond flour when it starts boiling .
- Stir continuously with a whisker,and keep the flame on low.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee and stir it continuously .
- I would advise using a silicone spatula here.Stir it continuously till it leaves the sides.Heat should be low at this time otherwise your mixture will turn brown .Which is not advisable .
- Take a small plate or trey.Line this with Wax paper or parchment paper.
- Take out the mixture in a separate bowl and add 1 tsp of ghee .Knead the mixture like you are kneading the dough.(It will be warm so be carefull)
- Make a round ball and keep it between two wax papers.
- Roll it evenly in a rectangular shape.It should not be too thick or too thin.
- Apply Silver vark if you want .
- Cut it into your desired shape.
- Your Almond Burfi is ready to serve.
Leave a Reply