Moong Dal Kachori is one of the most popular snacks that can be prepared at home very easily. All the ingredients are easily available at home and the process is also not complicated.
So if you are craving some delicious and authentic Rajasthani Bharwa Kachori for this Diwali, I am sharing a simple recipe of Moong Dal Kachori that will make your festive mood brighter.
The texture of this Khasta, Bharwa Kachori is perfect. It's flaky, crispy, and melt-in-the-mouth. Pair this with tangy sweet chutney and you will feel like you are in food heaven.
Moong Dal Kachori
- Dough Ingredients
- 2 Cup All purpose flour/Maida
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Tbsp Canola oil/ghee /veg oil.
- ½ Cup Water
- Dal Masala (Stuffing )ingredients.
- ½ Cup Moong Dal(Soak in enough water for 3-4 hours)
- 1 Tbsp Ghee/oil
- ½ Tsp Red chili powder
- ½ Tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ Tsp Coriander powder
- ½ Tsp Dry ginger powder
- ½ Tsp Crushed fennel seeds
- ½ Tsp Dry Mango powder.
- According to taste Salt .
- Making of Dough
- Mix Maida ,Salt ,Baking soda together .
- Make a well in the center and add oil to it.
- With your finger tips mix oil with maida /flour .
- It should be crumbly in texture .
- Add water little by little and make a pliable but firm dough.
- Keep it aside after covering with a towel for around 20 minutes.
- Moong Dal stuffing preparation.
- Drain all the water from the moong dal and grind it coarsely.
- Take a pan.
- Take Ghee.
- Keep the flame on medium.
- Add all the spice powders.
- Saute it for one minute.
- Add ground moong dal to it.
- Mix really well . Keep it on slow to medium flame .
- Taste it and adjust the seasoning according to your taste.
- Keep it aside to cool off.
- Making of Moong Dal Kachori
- Knead the dough again .This will make your dough soft.n for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions .
- Take a ball.
- Flatten it into your palm.It should be thick enough.
- Place one spoon of Moong Dal stuffing into the dough ball.
- Bring the edges together and join them at the center.
- Excess dough left can be removed or pinched off into the ball.
- Flatten it into a thick round disc with the help of your palm and fingers.
- It should be thick and medium size .
- Frying of Kachori
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the Kachories when wok is just hot enough.
- Kachories will start puffing soon.
- When one side becomes golden turn it over . Do the same for the other side.
- Frying should be done on low flame only.
- Don't overcrowd the wok . Try to fry only 3-4 Kachoris in a big wok.
- Fry them till they are crispy and nice.
- Serve these Moong Dal Kachoris with Khatti Meethi Chutney.