A Fried Dough ball,which is typically eaten with Chole /Chickpea Stew.
- 2 Cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 2.5 .Tbsp Coarse Sooji /Semolina
- ⅓ Cup Curd/Yoghurt(Room Temperature)
- 3 Tbsp Oil of your choice
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Pinch Baking Soda
- Oil for deep frying.
- Mix All purpose flour,Semolina,salt ,sugar ,baking powder,and baking soda .Whisk it well.
- Add oil to it ,and mix well.
- With the help of yoghurt make a supple and nice dough.I don't think you will need water ,but if you need please add very little . Dough should be tight and smooth not loose and runny.
- Cover the dough with a damp kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
- Keep it aside in a warm place for around one hour to two hour.
- knead it once more after two hour.Your dough will feel quite smooth.
- Make dough balls of the same size.
- Take one dough ball and roll this into a oblong or round shape.Please do not use dry flour for rolling the dough . if needed you can use oil.
- Heat oil in a big wok.
- When your oil is hot ,(taste it by dropping a small dough ball(Chickpea size) Drop the rolled dough ball in it.
- Fry it on medium /high flame till both sides look crispy and puffed up.
- If oil become very hot lower the flame and wait for it to come down.
- Use paper towel for absorbing the excessive oil.
- Serve it with pindi chole and gobhi gajar ka achar.