A Mumbai Style Street Food.
Home Made Goda Masala
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp Sesame Seed
- 4 Pathar ke Phool
- 1 Javitri
- 8 De Seeded Kashmiri red chilli
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 2 Inch Stick of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tbsp Fennel Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flakes
- 1.5 Cups Moth Sprout
- 1.5 Cups Green Whole Moong Sprout
- 2 Medium Chopped Onion
- 3 Medium Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes(Roast it on medium /low flame till they look pinkish brown.(not very dark)
- 2 Tbsp Roughly Chopped Ginger
- 6 Big Cloves Garlic(if you have small cloves use 8.
- 8-10 Leaves Curry Leaves
- 1 Tsp Asafoetida
- 3 Tbsp Kashmiri red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 2+1/2 Tbsp+Cup Oil of your choice(this is the toughest part ,but without this much oil you cannot replicate street style Misal Pav.However if you want you can certainly use less amount ,but look won’t be the same .
- Salt according to your taste.
Making of Goda Masala
- Dry Roast Coconut till they look pinkish brown and they release a lovely aroma.
- Dry roast all the other spices on medium flame.
- Grind them into a smooth powder.
Preparation of Usal
- Boil Moong and Moth Sprout with turmeric and little salt . It should have a bite . Do not over boil them.
Making of Masala Paste.
- Take a pan .Heat it .
- Add 2 Tbsp oil to it .
- Add Cumin seeds till it crackles.
- Add Onion and cook it on medium/low flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic to the pan.
- Add tomatoes till they become mushy.
- Remove the pan from the stove and cool it .
- Mix roasted Coconut and this onion tomato mixture and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Keep it aside .
Making of Rasa/Tari
- Heat 1/2 cup of oil in a wok/Pan.
- Add mustard seeds and let it crackle.Add curry leaves and asafoetida to it .
- Mix Kashmiri red chilli powder with enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Add this red chilli paste to hot oil in the wok/Pan.
- Cook it on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion tomato coconut paste to it .Cook it on the medium flame for 7-8 minutes or till the oil separates.
- Add 3 cups of hot water to it .
- Cook for 8-10 minute ,till you see oil floating on the surface.
- Add goda masala ,salt and cook for 2-3 minute on medium flame .
- Your Rasa/Tari is ready .Goes well with Mumbai Style Ladi Pav.
- Serve with a garnish of Onion ,cilantro leaves ,lemon and farsan.