I was always careful about not wasting any food and now, because of Covid-19 the situation is not so normal, and I am following a no waste ritual more vigilantly. We don’t have the luxury to visit a store if we are running out of one ingredient. Since putting on a mask, gloves, and the careful approach for handling the grocery/produce takes so much time, I prefer to go there only every two weeks- everything is planned now.
However, sometimes when there are some things just lying in the fridge and no one wants to eat it, a makeover is the best plan. So yesterday, when the kids wanted to have something light for lunch, I thought about making this easy Taco Cups.
These Taco Cups look so cute and after we fill them with our choice of fillings/toppings, it tastes delicious too. The possibilities are endless with these cups. I used small size tacos but you can easily use roti and use sabji as a filling. Use some cheese or chutney and an easy gourmet meal is ready to serve.
Easy Schezwan Paneer Taco Cups
- 6 Count Small flour tortilla/Roti
- 2 Cup Paneer in small size(chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Schezwan Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chopped green onion
- 1 Cup Strawberry Mango Salsa/any type of salsa
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro sour cream sauce
- 1/2 Cup Cheese sauce/Grated cheese.(optional)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Take a standard size Muffin Pan.
- Tuck each tortilla into the cups by gently pleating the edges.Press it little with your finger.
- Bake 10 minutes or until they look little crispy on the sides.
- Mix Paneer ,schezwan sauce and green onion together.
- Remove the taco cups and fill it with the schezwan paneer .
- If you want to add cheese please add on top of the paneer.
- Bake it in the oven for 10 more minutes. (your time can vary depending on your oven or your liking for crispyness)
- Remove it from the oven and top it with Salsa and sauce of your choice.
- Garnish it with Fresh cilantro and serve .