Biscotti means twice baked in Italian and it's a traditional, crunchy Italian cookie. Traditionally it's dipped in fruity dessert wine.
I have taken the inspiration from Almond to Zest website,though I have tweaked the recipe as per my taste and Preference.
At home, my husband and I love to eat this crunchy goodness but before today I have never tried it at home. Believe me, it was super quick and really easy. The whole process took a little more than 40 minutes.
The texture was perfect- crunchy and crispy at the same time and it was brittle enough to give you that heavenly experience. It is made without using any butter and if you use whole wheat flour, it's quite a healthy alternative to usual cookies.
I love to dunk biscotti in my coffee- how about you?
Apricot ,Almond Biscotti.
- ½ Cup All purpose flour
- ½ Cup Whole wheat flour
- ½ Cup Cane Sugar (you can use granulate white sugar as well)
- ½ Cup Almonds(you need to use whole almonds)
- ½ Cup Dried Apricot(sliced)
- ⅓ Cup Orange juice.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup All purpose flour(keep it in reserve )We will use it later.
- 4 Tbsp Canola oil(if you are making eggless ,then use this instead of eggs)rest of the process will be the same .Dont use if you are making egg ones.
- For eggless Biscotti texture will be little different because Biscotti takes that crispy texture from eggs.
- Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Line a big baking tray /Cookie tray with Parchment paper.
- Sift the flour and baking powder .
- Add the sugar.Mix it well.
- Add the Almonds and Apricots.
- Beat the eggs properly with a whisk.
- Add the orange juice and vanilla extract to it .
- Mix it with the flour.
- On a clean surface ,mix it nicely to form a log like shape.
- Now is the time to use our reserved flour.
- You can use all the reserved flour depending on your need.
- dough wont be very firm . Make a log out of it . It should be 4 inch wide .
- Bake it in the middle rack for 10 minutes and top rack for 10 more minutes.
- Time can vary depending on your oven size and strength.Look for the light colour .
- After removing leave it on the counter for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut it diagonally with a sharp bread knife .
- Biscuits should be ½ inch in thickness.
- Bake biscuits again for 8-10 minutes till they look golden on 350 f.
- Remove it from the oven and cool it on a wire rack.
- Your Biscottis are ready to munch.