High in plant-based protein and low in calories, these tofu lettuce wraps are the perfect alternative to any restaurant lettuce wrap.
These are super easy to assemble and have full-on flavors. In addition, they are vegan, dairy-free, and gluten-free. They are healthy and low-carb, which makes them perfect for weight-loss meals.
My family loves this recipe. I often make it for lunch on super busy weekdays. It doesn't take more than 20 minutes to put lunch on the table when we are struggling with mid-week blues.
However, school is starting soon, and I am pretty sure this will soon be in my teenager's lunch box. My husband prefers low-carb/low-oil food, so this is a perfect choice for him.
Extra Firm Tofu- Extra firm tofu is the best for this recipe. Just put it in the tofu press or wrap it in thick layers of paper towel or kitchen towel.
Chunks of tofu are prepared by chopping tofu and then coating them in cornstarch.
Lettuce- I have used butternut cup lettuce for this recipe.
Cashew Nuts- I have used roasted whole cashews for this recipe.
Colored Pepper- Chopped red peppers are used in this recipe.
Garlic- Chopped/minced garlic is used in this recipe.
Ginger- Chopped ginger works perfectly in this recipe.
Fresh Chilies- A little bit of spice makes this delicious.
Cilantro/Basil Leaves- They provide a lovely aroma to the tofu.
Cornstarch- Coat the tofu before baking, frying, or air frying.
Dark Soy Sauce
Red Chili Sauce
Salt & Pepper
You May Also Want to Check Out My Other Popular Tofu Recipes-
How to Prepare Tofu Lettuce Wrap?
After pressing the tofu, coat the pieces with some cornstarch. Make sure you dust off the extra flour.
If you want to fry deep or shallow, fry the tofu until they look light brown/golden.
Air fry them at 370 F till they look light brown. Turn them over in between.
Can You Store Them?
You can store prepared tofu filling in a separate air-tight container and keep it in the fridge.
Wash and dry the lettuce leaves and keep them in the fridge wrapped in a paper towel and in a separate box.
Tofu Lettuce Wraps
- 13 Oz Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 Tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Garlic Powder
For Sauce Mix
- 2 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Sauce/Sri racha Sauce
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- Crushed Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 4 Cloves Minced Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Fresh Chopped Chili (Optional)
- ½ Cup Chopped Scallion
- 1 Tbsp Oil to cook
- ½ Cup Fresh cilantro or basil leaves
- 1 Cup Chopped Red Pepper
- 8 Leaves Lettuce
- ½ Cup Cashew Nuts (Roasted)
- Prepare the crispy tofu.
- Wash and dry the lettuce leaves.
- Take a wok or pan and heat oil in it.
- Add chopped garlic to it and saute it till it caramelizes.
- That will take around 30 seconds. Add chopped ginger, chilies, and chopped red pepper to it.
- Saute for one minute or till it looks a little crispy yet cooked.
- Add the sauce mix to the pan and cook it by mixing till it looks glossy.
- Add tofu and cashews to it and coat them well with the sauce mixture.
- Mix cilantro or basil leaves with the tofu.
- Cook for one minute.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Serve them over lettuce cups and enjoy!!!