Flash-fried and blistered, these Chinese green beans are perfect for a bite or side dish. They have crunch and flavor, and most of all, they are ready in minutes. Serve them with any protein, noodle, or rice of your choice. These Chinese green beans are vegan and a crowd-pleaser.
Green beans are a super favorite of mine, especially the super tender ones. I like to use them in my stir-fries, salads, curries, and fried rice. Each and every bite of stir-fried beans or salad is a party in your mouth.
Asian cuisine uses lots of green beans in their recipes, which are delicious. One such recipe is flash-fried green beans with garlic and pepper. I love how flavorful this dish is.
Serve these Chinese garlic green beans as a side to your protein or eat just as an appetizer(just like I do). You will love it.
Most of all, this dish requires under twenty minutes of your time. Just two ingredients and pantry staples are required to make this dish. You may wonder if it's challenging to make, but let me assure you, it's not.
You need to flash fry green beans for 1-2 minutes and top that with lots of caramelized garlic and red pepper flakes(optional). Then, voila! You are done.
How to Make Chinese Green Beans-
Wash them first. Chop the ends, or if they are very delicate, you can leave them as it is.
Dry them off with a towel or paper towel quite well. Remember, you will flash fry them, so if your beans have water content in them, the oil will splutter. It will still do a little, but let me tell you, place your wok in the back of the gas stove. This will not risk you but still be careful.
Mince the garlic cloves. I use lots of garlic, and this recipe has extra flavor because of that. Keep everything handy.
How to Flash Fry Green Beans-
Take a small or medium wok. Add oil for frying. When it's hot, dip a bamboo skewer in it to test the temp of the oil. If bubbles start forming near the bottom of the skewer, it's hot.
Now fry the green beans for a maximum of one or two minutes. Their skin will be blistered because of hot oil, and the center will stay soft and delicate. This process is called flash frying.
Now remove all the fried green beans onto a paper towel-lined plate. Use tongs to do that. Don't be concerned about the leftover oil. You can easily use that oil in frying other things at home.
Remove all the oil except 1 tbsp in the wok. Add all the minced garlic to it and cook it until fragrant. Mix all the green beans, salt, crushed pepper, and garlic.
Serve on a plate or bowl, and enjoy.
You May Also Want to Check Out These Asian Recipes-
Chinese Green Beans
- 1 .5 lb Green Beans
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 6 Big Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Chop/snap the ends of the green beans. If they are long, chop them into two.
- Dry them off with a kitchen towel or paper towel, otherwise, the oil will splatter and there is a risk of burning. It's better to keep them on the back burner of the stove.
- When the oil is quite hot, fry a batch of green beans until they have blisters or wrinkles. It will take not more than one/one and a half minutes.
- Transfer beans from the wok to the plate lined with a paper towel. Use tongs or strainer for that.
- Carefully pour all the hot oil from the wok to a bowl. Leave one tbsp of it in the wok.
- If you do not want to handle hot oil, wait for it to cool down or cook in a different pan using one tbsp of oil.
- Heat the pan and cook the minced garlic for about one minute till it looks light brown and the oil turns aromatic. Add fried beans to the pan.
- Sprinkle some salt to taste, crushed pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Mix everything with beans and serve them hot.
- Enjoy your Chinese garlic green beans with any main of your choice or just like that.
Leave a Reply