Instant Pot Kale and Black Chickpea Curry
A delicious and hearty curry made of protein rich black chickpeas and kale leaves.
- 2 Cups Overnight soaked and drained black Chickpeas (I have taken sprouted ones)
- 2 Cups Washed and chopped kale leaves
- 1 Cup Thinly sliced / chopped onion
- ½ Cup Big slices of tomato
- ⅓ Cup Tomato Puree
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Dry Red Chillies (optional)
- ½ Tbsp Kashmiri Chili Powder (optional)
- 1 Tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tbsp Dry Mango Powder
- 2 Tbsp Oil of your choice
- ¼ Cup Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Switch on the Instant Pot. Turn the Saute button on. When it says hot, add oil to it.
- Add bay leaves, cumin seeds, and dry red chilli to it.
- Let it crackle- then add chopped onion to it. Saute it for 3-4 minutes till it looks transparent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to it. Saute till all the raw smell is gone.
- Now, add turmeric, coriander powder, dry mango powder, and red chilli powder.
- Saute for one minute. Just in case you think your spices are burning, add 2 tbsp of water to it. Mix it and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and salt to it.
- Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas to it. Add tomato slices and kale leaves. Mix it well.
- Now add 2 cups of water to it.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. If you want the chickpeas to be a little mushy, pressure cook for 20 minutes.
- After it's done, let it cool naturally.
- Remove the lid and taste the seasoning. If you want to add a little bit of salt, go ahead.
- Add lemon juice and fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with white rice, quinoa, couscous, or any type of bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!