Matar Kulcha is one of the most popular street foods of North India, and this blog post will take you on a trip down memory lane.
This is a fantastic recipe to make if you are short on time and want to relish some simple chaat/street food.
What is Matar Kulcha?
Matar means Peas and Matar Kulcha is a North Indian chaat which is made of dried White Peas and spices. It goes along with a few fresh garnishes, chutneys, and dips and doesn’t require any oil at all. It’s delicious and you can make it without any oil..
You can make this Matar Chaat easily in an Instant pot without even soaking the peas. It hardly takes more than 20 minutes to make this wonderful dish.
- 2 Cups White Matar(Boiled)
- 1/2 Cup Onion chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Tsp Green Chilli chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 Tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 Tsp Black Salt
- 1.5 Tbsp Amchoor Powder(dry mango powder)
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind Chutney
- 1 Tbsp Green Chutney
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- Salt according to the taste.
- Boil Peas (soaked overnight) for 2 minute on high pressure in instant pot .If you are using pressure cooker boil it till 2 whistles.
- Release the pressure immediately. This step is quite crucial as sometimes Peas have a tendency to get mushy and then it won't be the same dish. . You need to keep peas in their shape and they should have a bite . If you are unsure about pressure cooker whistle or 2 minute time in instant pot check it after one minute .(I will highly recommend it )
- If you are not using pre soaked Peas then pressure cook it for 6-7 minutes.Release the pressure immediately .(you can check it after 4 minutes to be on safe side )
- Take Peas or Matar in a big bowl and add all the ingredients written above to it . Mix well .
- Garnish with fresh cilantro ,lime wedges and green chillies.
- Its ready to serve.