Khoya ,Matar ,Makhana
A delicious rich north indian curry filled with the goodness of foxnuts,Green Peas and khoya/mawa.
- 2 Cup Makhana/Fox nuts
- 1 Cup Matar/Green Peas
- 1 Cup Khoya /Mawa
- 2 Tbsp Ghee/Oil for frying the fox nuts
- 3 Tbsp Ghee for making the curry.
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 Tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Garam masala
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1.5 Tbsp Ginger -Garlic Paste.
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Cup Tomato puree
- 1 Tsp Kasoori methi.
- Take a pan.Add ghee for frying the fox nuts /Makhana.
- Fry them till they are golden brown.
- Keep it aside in a plate.
- Take another pan .
- Add one tbsp of oil .
- Add onion ,garlic,and ginger to it .
- Stir it occasionally for 1-2 minute.
- Let it cool.
- Once cool down ,grind it into a paste .Don’t use any water.
- Add rest of the oil /2 tbsp to the pan.
- Add Cinnamon stick ,Cardamom,and bay leaf.
- Saute for few minutes.
- Now add prepared onion paste to it.
- Saute it for 2-3 minutes
- Add fresh tomato puree,turmeric powder,coriander powder,chili powder and cook it till oil leaves sides.
- Add Peas and mix well .
- Add grated Khoya and mix well. Add kasoori methi and garam masala to it.
- Finally add makhana .Mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water or more for your desired consistency.
- Taste it and adjust the seasoning .
- Serve it hot.