This easy to make Green Chili Pickle is hot, tangy and delicious. This is fun to make in the winter months and pairs well with all types of stuffed paratha, Poori, Thepla or even rice.
Instant Chili Pickle
Instant Indian Chili Pickle with few aromatic spices.
- 2 Cup Green Chili or Red chili chopped roughly(I had a mixed bag)
- 1.5 Cup Mustard oil
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Kashmiri red red chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Black mustard corselly
- 1 Tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Tbsp Garlic grated
- 1 Tbsp Fennel seeds grounded corselly
- 2 Tbsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice/Vinegar
- Wash Chilies and dry them with a cloth or paper towel. They should be totally dry.
- Chop them roughly.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan or wok . It should reach its smoking point .Switch off the flame after that.
- Let it come to room temperature.
- Mix all the spices and salt with chopped chilies.
- Add oil to it and mix well.
- Add lemon juice or vinegar in the last .Mix nicely.
- Always use wooden spatula /Spoon and glass bowl for making the Pickle.
- Everything should be dry ,water can spoil your Pickle.
- Your pickle is ready .
- This recipe is really forgiving ,you can adjust or remove things according to your liking .It will still taste good.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Looks delicious, Can we consume immediately ?
Hi Ramya ,
It can stay good for at least 2 weeks . Sorry for the late response . I was facing some tecnical glitches.
Ok smita, no problem don’t be sorry
Have a great day 🙂
You too. Thanks.
Sorry forgot to write that you cam consume it immediately.