When you have sneezed at least 500 times since the morning what you will do? Probably rest. But if the person happens to be crazy like me, then they will cook noodles. I just love Noodles, and a good plate of noodles always cheer me up. Since my son was also under the weather and missed school, we were thinking of ordering pizza or making Maggi for lunch. The only problem was that my taste buds were going crazy. I needed something which can make my day a little better.
I love pad thai, and I have tried several restaurants in the last few years but was never convinced by their vegetarian pad thai. I always thought that they are little less on flavour. So for my own sake, I have tried making this several times and I can finally say that I have the perfect recipe which makes perfect veg pad thai every time. It has a little hint of sweetness, which complements the tanginess of tamarind in the sauce. Its spicy because of fresh Thai chillies at the same time it feels really fresh because of all the wonderful vegetables we used.
So here I present to you my super simple recipe of veg pad thai, which is full of flavour, less time consuming and better then any restaurant
Vegeterian Pad Thai
A fresh,tangy and coloful popular Thai dish .
- ½ Packet of flat rice noodles Cook according to instruction
- Red onion-½ diced finely
- Carrot -½ cup diced finely (like Julian)
- Baby corn -thin stripes⅓ cups
- Moong bean sprouts-¼ cup
- Ginger Julien-1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves 2-chopped finely
- Green onion -½ cup, cut long strips
- Roasted peanut ¼ cups
- Cilantro -¼ cup
- Basil leaves/Mint Leaves(Sometimes basil leaves are not found easily.You skip it or use mint leaves
- Thai chillies chillies deseeded and in a long strip
Pad Thai Sauce
- Soy sauce-2 table spoon
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Red Chilli Sauce/If you do not like spicy things use tomato ketchup.
- 1 Tbsp Tamarind paste
Mix everything together under Pad Thai Sauce and keep aside. Take a wok/pan. Add one table spoon of canola oil. Add all vegetables and bean sprout. Saute it for 2-3 minutes, It should be crunchy. Add boiled and drained noodles. Add sauce and half of the peanuts. Add Cilantro and mint leaves. Garnish with green onions, lemon and cilantro. Serve hot.